We thank you for your interest in Zen 2.0!
Nanrei Yokota, Issho Fujita, and Steven Murphy-Shigematsu will be providing simultaneous interpretation for our panel discussion, “A Meeting of Zen and Mindfulness.”
We will be providing a (voice only) live-streaming service with simultaneous interpretation into English for all sections in Japanese.
Please bring a device capable of internet access to the event with the Periscope app installed, as well as earphones, if you would like to use this service.
- Periscope is an app/service that allows users to easily create and watch live streams on their smartphones. You will need either a Twitter account or a phone number to log in to this service. We advise that you prepare one of these beforehand.
- Wifi will be provided by our sponsors.
- Depending on the circumstances of the event, you may be provided with consecutive interpretation, as opposed to simultaneous interpretation. We ask for your understanding in this matter.
- Depending on the nature of your internet connection, there may be delays in the audio, as well as unviewable sections of video due to network congestion. Once again, we ask for your understanding in this matter.
- We cannot provide either smartphones or earphones on the day of the event. Please do not forget to bring your own.
- Please remember to complete set up of Periscope before attending event.
Preliminary work: Initial set-up of Periscope
1. Install the app.
Periscope app downloads are available on the following platforms:
2. When you first install and open the app, you will be presented with the account registration screen.
With Android you will be asked to log in using either your Twitter account or your phone number. Please choose either of these options and register.
With iOS app, you may also log in using other accounts, such as your Facebook account.
Here we will be registering using a Twitter account.
Please enter your Twitter account information and log in. You will be presented with a dialogue asking whether you would like to allow the app to connect to your account.
We cannot accept responsibility for your decision here. If there are no problems, please select “Connect/OK,” and continue. Your Periscope account is now registered.
How to find the Panel Discussion live stream:
You can search for live streams by name. Select the “People” tab and search for the account named “Zen2.0” near Kamakura on the day of the event.
Click on the Zen2.0 account. Then click “Watch LIVE.”
You can also search by location. A list of users currently streaming will be displayed when you select the globe button from the menu. The default option is to find your stream based on the region you select from the world map.
However, selecting the search button, then selecting “Japan” as your location will make it easier to find your stream.
We look forward to seeing you at the event.